We know that privacy is important to you. Your privacy is important to us too. This Notice explains how Precipio Inc and its affiliates collect information from or about you when you visit the websites or any applications that link to this Notice, and how we use, maintain, protect and disclose that information. Should you have any questions about this Notice or our privacy practices more generally, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at: Precipio Inc, 4 Science Park, New Haven, CT 06511
Personal Information We Collect
- Information From You: We collect some information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, for example: Contact Information: such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or username and password, if you choose to create them.
- Transaction Information: such as credit or debit card information, address and other information related to a billing or payment transaction, including things like information submitted to schedule an appointment and register for appointment reminders.
- Client Services/Customer Care/Technical Assistance and Other Inquiries: such as, questions or comments you submit through online forms or via email. For instance, if you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and or keep summaries or notes of the call.
- Applicant Information: information you provide in connection with career opportunities, such as your resume, cover letters and demographics.
- Other Information You Provide: any other information you may provide to us directly through our websites for things like whitepapers or surveys, or through social media. Precipio Inc collects other information online automatically when you visit our websites or applications, which may also be described under Cookies Notice. This can include things like:
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, operating system, device types and device IDs or advertising identifiers.
- Location-related information: location data that describes the precise geographic location of your device (“Precise Location Data”).
- Usage Information: such as your browsing activity while on our websites or applications, what pages you visit and what you click, forms you complete or start to complete, search terms you use, whether you open emails and interact with content, access times, error logs and similar information.
- Precipio Inc, may also receive information about you from others, such as updated address information if we discover the information we have is no longer current.
How We Use Personal Information That We Collect
We may use your personal information:
- as reasonably necessary and proportionate to fulfill the purposes for which the information was provided
- to provide information, products or services
- to audit and measure user interaction with our websites, so we can improve the relevancy or effectiveness of our content and messaging
- to develop and carry out marketing, advertising and analytics
- to provide texts or emails containing information about our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to recipients, as permitted by law
- to deliver content and products or services relevant to your interests, including targeted ads on third party sites
- to detect security incidents or monitor for fraudulent or illegal activity
debugging to identify and repair errors
- to comply with laws, regulations or other legal process
We may also use your personal information to:
- provide you with the services and products you request or that have been ordered and/or requested by your healthcare provider;
- process or collect payments for our services
- respond to your questions and otherwise provide support you request.
We may use Precise Location Data from your device in accordance with the device’s consent process on some of our websites and applications to help us improve your user experience and provide information that is relevant to you.
If you are using our websites or applications in connection with our HIPAA covered services, please refer to our HIPPA Notice which can be found at https://www.precipiodx.com/hippa.html, which describes how we use and disclose your protected health information, our legal duties with respect to your protected health information, and your rights with respect to your protected health information and how you may exercise them. In connection with HIPAA covered services, in the event of conflict between this Privacy Notice and our HIPAA Notice, our HIPAA Notice will prevail.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share the information we collect as described below. When we share information, either within our company or with others, we take steps to require any recipients to uphold similar protections for information as that provided by Precipio Inc.
- Within Precipio Inc. We may share your personal information with other Precipio Inc-owned business entities.
- Service Providers/Vendors/Third Parties. We work with others to manage or support some of our business operations and services. These entities may be located outside of your country of residence or the country in which you are located.
- For Legal Purposes. We may disclose relevant information as may be necessary or required for legal, compliance or regulatory purposes. This includes, for example, disclosures that are required to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect the rights and properties of Precipio Inc or its subsidiaries; (v) protect the rights or personal safety of Precipio Inc our employees, and third parties; or protect the security of our websites, systems, information, premises or property.
- For Corporate Transactions. From time to time we sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses. Those corporate restructuring situations may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers.
- Otherwise with Your Consent. We may also share information about you with third parties if we ask you, and you provide, consent to such sharing.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer’s hard disk or on a website server. Cookies do not retrieve information stored on your hard drive and do not corrupt or damage your computer or computer files. For those using our Website, we may link cookie information to your email address to maintain and recall your preferences within the Website.
How to manage cookie preferences? Depending on their purpose, some cookies will only operate for the length of a single browsing session, while others have a longer life span to ensure that they fulfill their longer-term purposes. Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies or reject cookies, to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser, or to delete cookies that have already been set. If your browser is set to reject cookies, certain aspects of the Website that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the Website, and some Website functionality may be lost. The “Help” section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies you may visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Keeping Your Information Secure
Precipio Inc has adopted physical, technical and administrative measures that are designed to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of information. No security measures are infallible.
How can you help protect your information?
If you are using a Precipio Inc website for which you registered and chose a password, you should not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also remember to sign out of the Precipio Inc website and close your browser window when you have finished your work.
Please note that unencrypted email is not a secure method of transmission, as information in such emails may be accessed and viewed by others while in transit to us. For this reason, we prefer that you not communicate confidential or sensitive information to us via regular unencrypted email. We will, however, honor patient requests for communications through unencrypted email.
Links to Other Sites and Social Media
Our websites may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate. If you access those links, you will leave our websites. Precipio Inc does not control those third-party websites or their privacy practices, which may differ from ours. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party sites, including about the content or security of those sites. The information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by this Privacy Notice. We, therefore, recommend that you review the privacy notice of any third-party websites.
We do not knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) and we do not target our websites or applications to children. If we learn that we have collected any information from children, we will delete it.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Certain California residents have additional privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Please note that certain information, such as protected health information regulated by HIPAA, is exempt from the CCPA. This means that Precipio Inc and certain service providers or other recipients may not be required to honor the rights described in this section and instead we comply with our obligations under HIPAA. Our collection, use and disclosure of protected health information is subject to our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices, which can be found https://www.precipiodx.com/hippa.html
When we operate as a “service provider” (as defined under the CCPA) for our customers and they provide us with your personal information for business purposes under a service contract, the CCPA applies primarily to those customers, not to us. In such cases, we will direct any requests you send us to exercise your rights under the CCPA to the applicable customer
The CCPA gives certain rights to California residents regarding their personal information. We summarize below what those rights are and how you may exercise them. You do not need to have an account with us to exercise these rights.
The CCPA also gives California residents the right to opt out of (or for minors under 16, the ability to opt in to) sales of their personal information. However, we do not and will not sell your personal information. If, in the future, we decide to sell personal information, we will provide you with notice and the right to opt-out of (or for minors, opt-in to) such sales.
Right to Know About the Collection, Use, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
Upon providing us with a verified consumer request, you may ask us to disclose certain types of your personal information we have collected and used over the 12-month period prior to the date of your request. You may make this request only twice within any 12-month period. You may request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (except to the extent prohibited under CCPA including, for example, disclosure of Social Security numbers or other government, health insurance or medical identification numbers, account passwords)
If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information we disclosed to each category of recipient.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to submit a verified consumer request at any time that we delete any of your personal information collected and retained by us, unless an exception under the CCPA applies.
If no exception applies, and if we have been able to verify your consumer request, we will delete, aggregate or de-identify your personal information from our records in accordance with the CCPA. We will also direct third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information to delete it, although we cannot guarantee that such third parties will comply with our direction.
Please note that we may deny your deletion request based on certain provisions of the CCPA, including where it is necessary for us or our service providers to carry out certain business functions, comply with laws or to engage in other internal and lawful uses of the information within the context in which you provided it to us.
Making a Verified Consumer Request to Us
To make a request to exercise your rights under CCPA described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by sending us an email to [email protected] . A verifiable consumer request must be made by you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State whom you have authorized to make the request on your behalf. (A representative must be authorized by you in writing or have a valid power of attorney under California probate law.) You may also make a verifiable request to us on behalf of your minor child.
To be considered a proper verified request, your request must:
(1) provide us with sufficient information allowing us to reasonably verify that you are the same person about whom we collected the personal information or the authorized representative, and</p?
(2) describe your request in reasonable detail so we can correctly understand, evaluate and respond to the request.
We may ask you for additional information if needed in order to verify your request, but if we do, we will use such additional information only to verify your identity (or the authority of the representative) and for security and fraud-prevention purposes.
We will also ask you to separately confirm any request to delete personal information.
Responding to Your Verifiable Consumer Request
We will use reasonable efforts to respond to your verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receiving it. If some cases, we may require more time (up to 90 days). If that is the case, we will communicate to you in writing (by postal mail or electronically, at your option) the reason and the length of anticipated delay. We will not be able to fulfill your request if we cannot verify your identity (or the authority of your representative) and confirm that the personal information subject to the request relates to you.
Disclosures we provide in response to a verified consumer request will cover only the 12-month period before we received the request. If your request involves the porting of your personal information, we will use a format that is reasonably designed to allow you to transmit the information to another entity. If we deny part or all of a verified consumer request, we will provide a reasonable explanation for the denial.
We do not charge fees for responding to verifiable consumer request unless they are excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that a fee is appropriate, we will provide you with an explanation and a cost estimate before we complete your request.
We will keep records of consumer requests and our responses as required under the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. This means that, except where permitted under the CCPA, if you make a request for disclosure or to delete your personal information, we will not (i) deny you goods or services, (ii) charge you different prices for goods or services (e.g., through penalties or withholding of otherwise available discounts), (iii) giving you a different level of goods or services, or (iv) suggesting to you that we will take any of the actions in (i) through (iii).
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada SB 220 gives consumers that are Nevada residents the right to opt-out of the sale of covered personal information that a website operator has collected or will collect about them. Precipio Inc does not sell personal information as defined by this Nevada Law, but will document and abide by verifiable opt-out requests in the event we change this practice. Consumers that are Nevada residents may submit requests to opt-out to [email protected] Please indicate “Nevada Rights” in the subject line of your e-mail. Note that submitting your Nevada opt-out preferences in this manner will NOT unsubscribe you from receiving text messages or email communications from Precipio Inc. All consumers, including Nevada residents, can do that as directed in any text you receive from us, or by clicking the unsubscribe link in commercial email communications you receive from us.
Precipio Inc and its subsidiaries complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Precipio Inc does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
If you believe that Precipio Inc has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
4 Science Park, New Haven, CT 06511
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1.800.368.1019, 800.537.7697 (TDD)
Updates To This Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may change this Privacy Notice. If we make changes, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Notice. We encourage you to review this Notice periodically to be sure you are aware of those changes. Changes will become effective as of the “Last Updated” date.
Last Updated: August 22, 2022